There is no set goal, game is played on an infinite-round basis and there is a server component planned. The focus of the game is to manufacture and trade resources in order to raise the level of your city.
- Over 80 types of buildings, each intertwined in the chain of production.
- Custom climate zones, each with specific buildings.
- Global market, player can trade goods with other settlements.
- Army! Navy! Soldiers! Ships!
- Fame system that allows your city to level up via trades, conquers and special buildings.
- Prestige system that affects diplomacy.
- Each city in the game world is linked via an influence system that needs to be maintained for diplomacy to work.
- Random events that can change your diplomacy status with the other cities, give you coins or random resources.
- Espionage, influence cities, destroy buildings, sabotage.
- Ranking screen, where cities get ranked according to their status in the world.
- Declare war, propose alliances and pacts, ask other settlements to join your city, propose cease fire.
- Heroes, unique classes and items, attributes.
- Server component, no actual data is saved externally, only in your browser’s localStorage.
- Jailer component that assures game data integrity (no cheating).
- Any player interaction since no data is transmitted to the server component.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for computer-controlled cities.
civitas-assets.zipfile into your
dist/images/directory). All the other game resources are freely distributed under the GPLv3 license, same as the code.
1. With Docker
$ docker-compose up --build
And point your browser to
http://localhost (or even better, add the line below to your
/etc/hosts file and browse
Choose an archive format from below, download and uncompress it. Point your browser to
dist/index.html, you don’t need a game server to play.
Civitas is written by sizeof(cat) and distributed under the GPLv3 license
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Pull requests are always welcome!
I am always thrilled to receive pull requests, and do my best to process them as fast as possible. Not sure if that typo is worth a pull request? Do it! I will probably appreciate it.
If your pull request is not accepted on the first try, don’t be discouraged! If there’s a problem with the implementation, hopefully you received feedback on what to improve.
Always sign your commits.
git clone https://github.com/sizeofcat/civitas.git
git clone https://gitee.com/sizeofcat/civitas.git
- jQuery 3.4.1
- jQuery UI 1.11.2
- jQuery Tipsy 1.0.0a
- jQuery scrollTo 1.4.14
- CryptoJS 3.1.9
music/track1.mp3 song is named Glandula Pinealis by Shantifax