There is no set goal, game is played on an infinite-round basis and there is a server component planned. The focus of the game is to manufacture and trade resources in order to raise the level of your city.
- Over 80 types of buildings, each intertwined in the chain of production.
- Custom climate zones, each with specific buildings.
- Global market, player can trade goods with other settlements.
- Army! Navy! Soldiers! Ships!
- Fame system that allows your city to level up via trades, conquests and special buildings.
- Prestige system that affects diplomacy.
- Each city in the game world (AI or player) is linked via an influence system that needs to be maintained for diplomacy to work.
- Random events that can change your diplomacy status with the other cities, give you coins or random resources.
- Espionage, influence cities, destroy buildings, sabotage.
- Ranking screen, where cities get ranked according to their status in the world.
- Declare war, propose alliances and pacts, ask other settlements to join your city, propose cease fire.
- Churches and religions.
- Heroes, unique classes and items, attributes.
- Server component (for now no actual data is saved externally, only in your browser’s localStorage).
- Jailer component that assures game data integrity (no cheating).
- Any player interaction since no data is transmitted to the server component.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for computer-controlled cities.
civitas-assets.zipfile into your
1. With Docker
$ docker-compose up --build
And point your browser to
http://localhost (or even better, add the line below to your
/etc/hosts file and browse
Choose an archive format from below, download and uncompress it. Point your browser to
dist/index.html, you don’t need a game server to play.
|Release date||December 24, 2021|
Civitas is written by sizeof(cat) and released into the public domain.
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means. In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. For more information, please refer to <http://unlicense.org/>
- jQuery 3.4.1
- jQuery UI 1.11.2
- jQuery Tipsy 1.0.0a
- jQuery scrollTo 1.4.14
- CryptoJS 3.1.9
music/track1.mp3 song is named Glandula Pinealis by Shantifax.