Today I implemented a few more-than-welcomed updates to the website since there was some stuff missing (and some stuff was obsolete).
- New search implemented statically using Lunr.js, based on the original code by Jamie Tanna.
- New statistics page using charts.js to provide some info on my writing habits, based on the original code by Jamie Tanna.
- New sitemap page to provide easy access to some pages that are hidden from plain navigation menu.
- Removed categories, they were pointless since tags are better suited for my website content.
- Removed menu section navigation (/post), moved the section navigation to the sitemap page and replaced it with the new archive page.
- Split the music and quotes into separate sections.
- Added an ATOM feed to the website 1.
- Added a JSON feed to the website.
- Added an OPML feed list to the website 2.
- Implemented h-feed 3.
- Added a personal h-card 4 to the homepage, hidden from plain view.
Hopefully my readers will like the changes.
h-feed is a microformats2 draft specification with a top level feed object to contain h-entry posts and optionally a common author. It is functionally a DRYer replacement for RSS/Atom feed files and thus could supersede them. https://indieweb.org/h-feed ↩︎