Dear younger me
- You are what you consume - people, music, movies, books, news, etc. If you mostly consume the positive side of life, your mindset will follow.
- You can only rely on yourself. Friends are just stage-of-life companions.
- Your phone will not make you happier, sometimes you should risk a glance to the left and right.
- The connective tissue of human relationships is at least of equal importance as the technical merits of a solution.
- When things are going your way, try not to get arrogant. And when things aren’t, don’t get despondent.
- It’s a misprint to select your paths based on the sins you bear.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Hollywood has no foundation for offering opinions about morals, family, love or anything else.
- While we undervalue ourselves most of the time, we overestimate our fears most of the time.
- Awful people I’ll never meet, in countries far away from mine, can have a negative impact on my mental health.
- Time doesn’t really exist.
- You are fundamentally alone.
- There’s no such thing as a perfect day. If you sit around and wait for it to come, you’ll be waiting until they haul your corpse away.
- Knowing when to say no is an important part of getting things done.
- Forget about your worries for at least one hour a day.
- It’s far more important to do something and finish it than to do it perfectly.
- The nastiest habit to get into is to think that you are stuck in your situation and there is no alternative.
- The world is a maze and you always have more options than you realise.
- Boredom is the biggest problem of our generation.
- Ultimately, it’s about how we live in the space between the moments we anticipate.
- Some friendships reach their expiry time; instead of artificially prolonging them in order to keep the stock of social capital intact, it’s best to burn the bridge.
- Write more - get a pen and a notebook, not another computer.
- Exercise. Exercise. Exercise.
- There is no integrity in keeping silent when witnessing wrongdoing, even when speaking out may harm your current business prospects.
- The grass always looks greener on the other side.
- You should be thankful for what you have.
- Time is more important than money but always pay off your debt.
- Life, existence, other people are endlessly complicated. Spending too much time observing and figuring them out, prevents you from living and enjoying it.
- Do things that matter to you.
- Sleep is really important.
- Don’t bother disagreeing with people on social media.
- Don’t bother with social media.
- Learn when you have to move on, sometimes some things are out of your control and there’s nothing you can do about it.
- All the stuff that’s important to you can disappear in a few hours and there is likely nothing you can do about it.
- Try to be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- This is your one life. One trip around the stars. That’s it.
created August 2, 2019
tags #ideas, #philosophy
image Pixabay @ Pexels.com