|Release date||April 30, 2017|
- Over 50 types of buildings, each intertwined in the chain of production.
- Custom climate zone, each with specific buildings.
- Global market, player can trade goods with other settlements.
- Army! Navy! Soldiers! Ships!
- Fame system that allows your city to level up via trades, conquers and special buildings.
- Prestige system that affects diplomacy.
- Each city in the game world is linked via a influence system that needs to be maintained for diplomacy to work.
- Random events that can change your diplomacy status with the other cities, give you coins or random resources.
- Espionage, subvert cities, destroy buildings, sabotage.
- Ranking screen, where cities get ranked according to their status in the world.
- Declare war, propose alliances and pacts, ask other settlements to join your city, propose cease fire.
- Server component, no actual data is saved externally, only in your browser’s localStorage.
- Jailer component that assures game data integrity (no cheating).
- Any player interaction since no data is transmitted to the server component.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for computer-controlled cities.
- And many others. Stay tuned though.
Choose an archive format from the Releases section, download and uncompress it. Point your browser to index.html, you don’t need a game server to play.
- bleeding edge version - .zip .tar.gz
- 0.2 (April 30, 2017) - .zip .tar.gz
- 0.1 (January 20, 2017) - .zip .tar.gz
Civitas is written by sizeof(cat) and distributed under the MIT license.
Pull requests are always welcome!
I am always thrilled to receive pull requests, and do my best to process them as fast as possible. Not sure if that typo is worth a pull request? Do it! I will probably appreciate it.
If your pull request is not accepted on the first try, don’t be discouraged! If there’s a problem with the implementation, hopefully you received feedback on what to improve.
Always sign your commits and make sure you read the coding style.
~15000 lines of code,
~250Kb minified and can be downloaded from GitHub.com or by using git to clone the repository:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org/sizeofcat/civitas.git
The music/track1.mp3 song is named ‘Glandula Pinealis’ by Shatifax.
Click here for a demo.